Saturday, November 5, 2011

Progress

I was able to send all documents out within 24 hours.  I also spoke with my Placement Officer and she was very encouraging but one thing that struck me about our conversation was something she said.  She indicated that more than 50% of the nominees don't end up going to the assignment they were nominated to.  WOW, so I told her I'd been studying Spanish and asked if I should be studying any other language right now, like French.  She said it would be wise to do both...so OK...Maybe I won't go to Central/South America after all.  Now, it's a pure waiting game...much like when I was in the Army...hurry up and wait...I'm guessing that's where I learned patience...lol

I also learned this week that any time I see a doctor/dentist I need to forward a copy of the doctor notes/lab work/medical data to the Peace Corps...Can't leave anything out...it's as if they are my employer but not...yet anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment